Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cute tote and wallet

It's been at least a week since I posted anything...I just cannot get into thinking of a post for this week!  It's been one of those weeks!  Cold temperatures are back...I'm used to it being in the 80s at least by now!  Gets me down!  Plus, I just cannot seem to find a job up here.  I'm passionate about mammography but this week, I started applying to other kinds of jobs.  Most still in healthcare, but not xray/mammo.  Hopefully something will pan out.  I have been working hard on my Etsy store...I have a show coming up May 12 in Wrightstown, NJ.  Fingers crossed that I do well!  I'm also considering doing a little photography...I LOVE doing it and have done pics for friends in the past.  It's still in the maybe file for now. 

But, I do have something that lifted my spirits!  I decided I wanted to make a bag.  So, I bought five patterns (that's right! 5!)...I always say, "Go BIG or go home!"  And my bag is BIG as well!  It was originally supposed to be a diaper bag.  But it was such a cute pattern, I decided it would be great as a carry all.  I have never sewn a bag, so I did have a couple of snags, but the pattern was very well written.  I got all the way through AND decided to try the wallet pattern!  So I ended up with a tote and matching wallet!  Yay!  And I'm hooked!  Btw, the pattern came from Aivilo Charlotte Designs http://www.etsy.com/shop/aivilocharlotte.  Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment